The brilliant Niamh is reaching the end of her time on the JCR committee, so we are opening applications for a new JCR Computing Officer. Applications should be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating your interest in the role by Monday 30th January. There will then be a very informal interview process conducted by Niamh and myself in the week following this deadline, after which we will select the new Computing Officer.
What does the role include?
- Become a member of the JCR Committee, and attend meetings where we make decisions on all aspects of college life.
- Help out at JCR run events such as welfare events, ents and freshers week.
- Manage the JCR website and the committee email accounts.
- Assist JCR committee members if they are working on projects which incorporate technology.
- Provide a point of contact between students and the college IT department.
What skills are required?
- A basic knowledge of HTML is required.
- A knowledge of PHP/WordPress is useful but not essential.
If you have any further questions about the role don’t hesitate to contact Niamh (email@example.com).